We Believe in..
In the one eternal God who exists in the Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, the Creator and Lord of the world, who governs all things according to the purpose of His will, calling out of the world a people for Himself and sending them back into the world to be His servants and witnesses for the extension of His Kingdom, the building of Christ’s church to the glory of His name.
- In the one Saviour, Jesus Christ Himself being the only God-man, who died for the sins of mankind and was raised from the dead according to the scriptures; the only ransom for sinners and mediator between God and man; who is exalted above every other name as Saviour of the world; who offers forgiveness of sins and the liberating gift of the Spirit to all who repent, believe and come to him personally; and those who reject Him, by so doing, also reject the joy of salvation and condemn themselves to eternal separation from God.
- We believe in God the Holy Spirit who bears witness to Jesus Christ, and whose power works among men to lead to the conviction of sin, faith in Christ, new birth and Christian growth; and speaking through Scriptures illumines the minds of God’s people in every culture to perceive the truth and disclose to the whole church of the wisdom of God;
- We believe in the divine inspiration, truthfulness and authority of the sixty six books of the Old and New Testament Scriptures as the infallible Word of God with power to accomplish His purpose of salvation;
- We believe in the return of Jesus Christ personally and visibly in power and glory to consummate His salvation and judgment; the interim period being filled with evangelism by the people of God, who eagerly await for Christ’s return, the coming of the new heaven and new earth in which righteousness will dwell and God will reign forever.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion of believers as a public declaration of a believer’s identity with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection; and as a public declaration of the initiation into the body of Christ (the Church)( Romans 6:3-4).
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues (Acts 2:4).
The Church is committed to nurturing the following core values:
- Family: We are committed to building strong and effective families that serve the purposes that God ordained for them. We believe that the family constitutes a union between a man and a woman who are united in marriage, and their offspring.
- Ministry: We are committed to living, preaching and teaching the word of God. Our love for God and His calling shall be our driving force. The power and influence of the Holy Spirit is the key agent of transformation. We value, appreciate and recognize the diversity of gifts in the body of Christ.
- The Sanctity of Life: We uphold and respect the sanctity of life from conception to death.
- Partnership: We are committed to partnering with like-minded ministries, churches, Para-church organizations and other agencies that subscribe to our philosophy of ministry.
- Excellence: In keeping with our identity and ministry target, we are committed to a culture of excellence in all our services and ministries.
- Community: We exist and work in a community. We believe that it is our responsibility to impact them in a holistic manner. We stand in solidarity with those who are vulnerable within our society.
- Integrity: We are committed to personal integrity and holiness. We are committed to teaching and practicing sound biblical doctrine
- Accountability: We are committed to a culture of transparency and accountability with our members and the general public
- Leadership: We are committed to godly transformational leadership in Church and society that equips believers to participate in the Great Commission. People are our greatest asset both within and without the church.
Ordinances and Practices
- The ordinance of baptism by immersion in water (Matthew 28:19) in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, shall be administered to all those who have repented of their sins, and have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ to the saving of their souls, and who give clear evidence of their salvation (Romans 6:3-5; Colossians 2:12).
- The ordinance of the Holy Communion shall be regularly observed as enjoined in the Scriptures (Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- Dedication of the children to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Prayer for the baptism and infilling with the Holy Spirit.
- Prayer for the healing of the sick.
- Christian marriage consistent with the Church’s statement of faith and core values.
- Christian burial rites and disposal of the dead.
- The Church brings together Christian believers subscribing to the teaching of the Holy Bible and more particularly, to the doctrines detailed out in the statement of faith.
- The Church shall be non-political.
- The Church shall be centrally governed. However, the management of the ministry shall be decentralized as need arises, in line with the growth and expansion of the ministries.
- In furtherance of its Vision and Mission, the Church will do all or any of the following: -
- Purchase, take, receive, lease as lessee, take by gift, devise or bequest, or otherwise acquire, and to own, hold, use, and otherwise deal in and with any real or personal property, or any interest therein situated in or out of Kenya,
- Sell, convey, mortgage, pledge, lease as lesser, and otherwise dispose all or any part of its property and assets,
- Purchase, take, receive, subscribe for, or otherwise acquire, own, hold, vote, use or employ shares or other interests in or obligations to societies in Kenya or foreign countries whether for profit, associations, partnerships or individual,
- Enter into contracts and incur liabilities; to borrow money; to issue its notes, bonds, and other obligations by mortgage, pledge, or deed of trust of all or any of its property, franchises, and income, as appropriate, to enable it to accomplish any or all of its purposes.
- Invest its funds from time to time in any real or personal property; to lend or borrow money for its purposes and to take and hold real and personal property as security for the payment of funds so invested, borrowed or lent,