TOPIC: HONOR FOR HONOR
Definition of honor: (Merriam webster dictionary) to regard or treat “someone” with admiration and respect. To hold in high respect, reference, and distinction. Recognition of importance or value; respect; veneration
- Honoring his name; Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; For you created all things, and by your will they exist and were created”.
- By sacrificing our bodies, Romans 12: 1 “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God which is your reasonable service”.
- By sacrificing our pleasures; Matthew 16:24-26 “Then Jesus said to his disciples, ‘If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me’”.
- By revering his name, for the name of the lord is sacred; Exodus 20:7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who take His name in vain”.
- Honoring His body “The Holy Church”.
- Holding the church of Christ at the highest esteem; 1 Corinthian 11:27 NIV “So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord”, Acts 20:28 NIV “Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, [a] which he bought with his own blood”.
- Promoting the sound doctrine 2 Timothy 1:13 “Hold fast the pattern of sound words which you have heard from me, in faith and love which are in Christ Jesus”.
- Participating in the holy ordinances ie Holy communion and Water Baptism. “And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, ‘This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me’”.
- Honoring His servants Hebrews 13:7 NIV “Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith”. Number 12:8, Romans 13:7 “ Render therefore to all their due: taxes to whom taxes are due, customs to whom customs, fear to whom fear, honor to whom honor”.
- Honoring His House
- The articles; Exodus 40:9 “And you shall take the anointing oil, and anoint the tabernacle and all that is in it; and you shall hallow it and all its utensils, and it shall be holy”, Daniel 5:3, 5:23
- Furnitures, and everything else set a part for the service of the kingdom